International Students

Following a strict FAA regulated Part 61 & 141 curriculum taught by certified flight instructors, McAir has trained International Commercial Pilots. McAir Aviation is approved by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to issue the necessary paperwork needed for you to obtain your M-1 Visa to come to the U.S. for flight training.

Only FAA certificated Part 141 schools that are approved and participating in the Student and Exchange Visa Information Service (SEVIS) program are authorized to issue an I-20 form to a prospective student upon their enrollment into a course, which the prospective student needs to request the change of status and receive the subsequent student visa.

We will help you complete all the required paperwork, provide referrals for a place to live, and provide training in the United States. Contact us to complete your Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students form. These documents will be needed before applying for an appointment at an embassy or consulate of the United States of America.
McAir's International Application

English Language School in Denver, Colorado

LCI offers a variety of language programs to meet student needs, assists students with cultural adaptation, and creates a comfortable environment for students to learn English in the USA. McAir is not a party to LCI training.
Visit LCI Website

Apply to TSA

TSA prohibits a flight school from providing flight training in an aircraft or aircraft simulator to non-U.S. Citizens without TSA approval. Pilots must create and maintain their TSA account.
Go to TSA Website

Once your visa application form is completed, you should schedule an appointment for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live. You may schedule your interview at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate, but be aware that it may be more difficult to qualify for a visa outside of the country where you live. Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:

  • Passport valid for travel to the United States : Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). Each individual who needs a visa must submit a separate application, including any family members listed in your passport. Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  • Application fee payment receipt : if you are required to pay before your interview.
  • Photo: You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160.
  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students, Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students, Form I-20 : Your school will send you a Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20. All students must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS). Your spouse and/or minor children, if they intend live in the United States with you, will each receive an individual Form I-20.

All students are encouraged to register with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) before entering the country, so you save time and start your training sooner. You can file the TSA form online. There is a fee for TSA. Students must pay this fee for each course as they go. e.g. Private, Instrument, and Multi-Engine Commercial.

Student (F and M) visas for new students can be issued up to 120 days in advance of the start date for a course of study. However, you will not be allowed to enter the United States on your student visa more than 30 days before the start date.


~13 Months

In as few as 13 months**, you can train for a career as a Commercially Rated Pilot*
(Private Pilot Airplane, Single-Engine Instrument Rating, Commercial Pilot Certificate Airplane Single-Engine, Commercial Pilot Certificate Airplane Multi-Engine, Certified Flight Instructor Certificate, Certified Flight Instructor Instrument)

363 Days

McAir Conducts Flight Training

*McAir Aviation does not guarantee third-party certifications/ratings or employment.

**Assumes full time flying schedule.

***Additional flight hours and certification required to be eligible to apply for airline pilot positions.

Privacy Policy
This website and its contents are the property of McAir Aviation, LLC. Copyright © 2024 by McAir Aviation, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram