At McAir, we maintain the same standards as the major airlines. You can rest assured knowing that our 4-step enrollment process positions you for success in your career as a commercial airline pilot. Our enrollment advisors offer you full support as you move through each step. Before you know it, you will be starting you first day as a cadet.
- Age and Valid Identification Documents
- Although you can start flying as early as 14 years old, the FAA requires you to be 17 years old to obtain your Private Pilot License. Also, you must be able to provide a valid passport and/or driver’s license. If you are an international student, you must be able to read, write, understand, and speak English. Also, you will need to an I-20 Visa.
- FAA Third Class Medical Certificate
- An exam from an FAA-designated Airman Medical Examiner is needed to receive your First-Class Medical Certificate. Our advisors can recommend an AME for you or you can choose your own.
- In-Person Tour and Interview
- Visit our training center to have a tour of our facilities and conduct an in-person interview with our team.
- You have the option to work out a cash pay agreement or apply for financing from one of our lending partners to cover the cost of your training. Whichever you choose, our advisors are here to help.
McAir conducts flight training 7 days a week, 363 days per year (closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Your flight training schedule can be tailored to works best for you on your own schedule and at your own pace.